A 47‑year‑old man accused of murdering his wife and two young sons in Sydney’s south‑west has been remanded in custody after facing court for the first time.
He was charged overnight with what police described as the “particularly violent” killing of his 46‑year‑old wife and their sons, aged 12 and four. Officers were called to a home in Campbelltown around 7:50pm on Monday, where they discovered the three victims dead in separate rooms.
Superintendent Michael Moroney said the scene was confronting and that the victims had been found under “deeply distressing circumstances.”
The accused did not appear in person and did not apply for bail. His lawyer, Jawad Hosain, told reporters outside the courthouse that his client was “distressed” and that the defence would not be commenting further at this stage.
“It’s obviously a tragic set of circumstances,” Mr Hosain said. “My client enjoys his right to the presumption of innocence.”
The man is expected to return to court later as the investigation continues.




+ There are no comments
Add yours