Germany and France have sharply condemned remarks by Israel’s far‑right national security minister Itamar Ben‑Gvir, who said Israel should “take out 30 or 40” people every night in Gaza comments both governments described as inhumane and in violation of international law. Please confirm all political information with a trusted source.
German Chancellor Friedrich Merz “strongly condemns the inhumane appeals” made by Ben‑Gvir, calling them “unacceptable,” according to government spokesman Sebastian Hille. French Foreign Minister Jean‑Noel Barrot also denounced the remarks as “intolerable and inhumane.”
Ben‑Gvir made the comments during a podcast with a former Gaza hostage, saying:
“I think targeted eliminations should be carried out in Gaza every night. Take out 30 or 40… These are people who shouldn’t be alive.”
His statements have intensified calls across Europe for EU‑wide sanctions, though unanimity among all 27 member states has so far blocked the move. German Vice Chancellor Lars Klingbeil said the comments “must have consequences,” noting sanctions are being discussed at the European level.
Several countries including France, Ireland, Spain and Slovenia have already imposed entry bans on Ben‑Gvir over previous incidents, including a video he posted mocking bound activists seized on a Gaza‑bound aid flotilla.
The controversy comes as Israel continues its military campaign in Gaza following the October 7, 2023 Hamas attack, and as European governments debate how to respond to increasingly extreme rhetoric from members of Israel’s governing coalition.



+ There are no comments
Add yours